Remote 6-month contract, potentially renewable
Provides advanced computer programming support for some or all of the following activities: creation and maintenance of programs used for data entry, data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation. Assists Data Management and Biostatistics with developing tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies. Communicates effectively within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget. Acts in programming lead role on complex studies, representing the Biostatistics department within the company or client. Provides input to the bidding process.
- Understands and follows department's working practice documents and SOPs, and contribute to their development as needed.
- Understands and follows appropriate corporate SOPs.
- Works directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS.
- Supervises and performs other programming tasks as necessary to support Clinical Data Management and Biostatistics.
- Assesses and ensures the validity of all program output.
- Serves as a project lead and oversees work of other programmers on team.
- Manages assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Assumes leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary clinical trials project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members as needed.
- Documents all work; manages assignments to meet timelines and produces high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the role of the programmer in the overall process.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Works efficiently and effectively with little direct supervision.
- Supervises, trains and mentors other programmers.
- Participates in developing SOPs and working practice documents.
- Provides general infrastructure support to the Biostatistics Department.
Education and Experience:
MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and a minimum of three (3) + years experience, or Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification, and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in one or more programming languages
- Ability to train, mentor and supervise others
- Demonstrated understanding of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team
- Excellent problem solving and innovative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to independently and effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed